Friday, January 20, 2017

LaBerteaux Academy- a new curriculum

I'm finally coming out of a month long gross-ness with pregnancy issues and a bad cough due to cold. Huzzah! 
Since we are all starting to feel a little better, and we are settling into a new year, Lincoln has been asking to do more 'school'. We were doing really great at it till life happened. Now it's time to get back to being a bit more organized.  
The curriculum I was following was getting kind of hard to keep up with, It was awesome, but it was literature based, and if you didn't have the book they were using for a unit, you had to either buy it or hunt it down somewhere. So I've decided to create my own for a little while. 
In the homeschooling dept, they always say to build on what your child loves. Lincoln LOVES movies. So I've decided to take his favorite movies and plan activities around them. (for example: with Zootopia we can learn all about habitats, animals, kindness, bravery, goals, and making friends.)
So this coming week we'll be using the Kung Fu Panda movies and Mulan, and focusing on: Chinese New Year/China, shapes, exercise (kung fu), and pandas :) 

here are the links I'll be using, and the activities we'll be doing next week. I'm super excited! 



Sensory: Playing with noodles and Chinese take out boxes
Gross Motor: Tape Activities
Fine motor: GeoBoard Shapes


Dramatic Play:  Kung Fu Panda Masks
Adventure; Visiting a Chinese market 
Family Time: Watching Mulan with Chinese food dinner, possible dinner out to Dumpling House

My plan is to post our links the Wednesday before (I'm late this week since I just came up with this Wednesday night) and then the Friday of that week I'll post what we actually ended up doing, and how the kids liked or didn't like it. I'm also working on our schedule and will have that posted too. 

-Laura





No comments:

Post a Comment